Looking for a new exciting role in renewable energy?
SD Wind present an exciting opportunity for a motivated Factory Operative to join our growing team.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• General Assembly Work tasks
• Assist in the loading, unloading and packing of contracts
• Use of general workshop machinery
• Assisting other team members with a variety of daily duties
• Maintain the cleanliness of the workshop and yard
• Possibility of site work
• Capable of working in a small company environment
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Excellent ability to communicate at all levels
• Accurate with good attention to detail
• Ability to forward think and plan ahead
• A driving license is essential as you may be required to go out to site in the company van
Nice to haves:
• A forklift license would be preferable
• It is a semi-skilled position, machining/mechanical/electrical experience preferred but training will be given
SD Wind Energy specialise in the design, manufacturing, installation and maintenance of small wind turbines. Our turbines have been deployed globally since the 1980’s including in some of the harshest environments e.g. Antarctica, offshore O&G platforms etc. We are an equal opportunities employer and invest in our staff to meet our business requirements. You will be learning across business functions and will develop an in-depth knowledge of SD Wind Energy products and the renewables industry.
Competitive salary (in line with experience) with 33 days annual holidays (incl. statutory days) and company pension. Working hours Monday – Thursday 08:00 to 16:00, Friday 8:00 to 13.30.